Sunday, February 09, 2014

Abraham Lincoln Activities

I have compiled the best Abraham Lincoln Activities in one single Pinterest board for Abraham Lincoln's birthday on February 12th. Sadly, his birthday is not a federal holiday and apparently President's Day is actually just Washington's Birthday. But we love our Honest Abe and I thought he deserved his own board. See below the Pinterest board for my Penny Rubbing experiment. I tried pencil, colored pencil, and a crayon. See which one works best below.



I think the orange crayon works best. That is the penny on the very bottom. In second place is brown colored pencil. A regular pencil works okay but the image is difficult to see. One problem my students have had is that the penny shifts under the paper so if anyone has an idea how to fix this problem I would like to know.

Charlie Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher Assignment: Like, Share, or Comment